1. The Ronkonkoma Chamber of Commerce is hosting their annual Christmas Tree Lighting on
December 4th (tomorrow)
at Raynor Beach County Park at
2. The Lake Ronkonkoma Civic Organization will be holding a Farmers Market on
Sunday December 11th, 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
at the Ronkonkoma Fire District Building (corner of Portion Road and Hawkins Avenue). Vendors will be offering a variety of foods and other goods. We expect to have additional Farmers Market events in 2017 - more info to follow.
3. Suffolk County will be holding a public information meeting on
December 13, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
at Suffolk Community College regarding the
Nicolls Road Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System.
Bus Rapid Transit is an innovative public transportation solution offering many of the advantages of a light-rail system but at a fraction of the cost – both for the passenger and to the municipality.
The transformation of Nicolls Road into a multimodal corridor will establish the first direct north/south connection between three Long Island Railroad lines; linking Brookhaven National Lab to Stony Brook University and Suffolk County Community College; connecting our Patchogue and Ronkonkoma Hub downtowns to Long Island MacArthur Airport; and creating an extensive hiking/biking network. The first public information meeting for Nicolls Road BRT will be held at Suffolk County Community College’s Ammerman Campus on Tuesday, December 13th from 6:00- 9:00P.M.
4. The Ronkonkoma Chamber of Commerce is hosting their annual Hanukkah Menorah Lighting on
December 26th, 7:00 PM
at Raynor Beach County Park.
5. Their will be no regular meetings of the Lake Ronkonkoma Civic Organization in December or January. Stay tuned for information regarding topics/guest speakers at meetings starting in February.